Reports to: PMV Controller
About PMV Pharmaceuticals
PMV Pharma is a precision oncology company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies targeting p53 mutants. p53 mutations are found in approximately half of all cancers. The field of p53 biology was established by our co-founder Dr. Arnold Levine when he discovered the p53 protein in 1979. Bringing together leaders in the field to utilize over four decades of p53 biology, PMV Pharma combines unique biological understanding with pharmaceutical development focus. PMV Pharma is headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey. For more information, please visit www.pmvpharma.com.
PMV is a newly-public company looking for its first accounting manager. This role will combine oversight of all significant accounting processes with some basic accounting tasks, including accounts payable and monthly journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements and footnotes for quarterly and yearly SEC reporting, as well as for internal reporting to senior management
- Develop and maintain accounting control processes to ensure SOX compliance
- Process transactions, including journal entries and accounts payable invoices and payments
- Liase with external accounting firm to support tax compliance
- Support external audit process by working with external audit firm to provide necessary analysis
- Create ad hoc reports to help management analyze and understand business operations
- Keep abreast of changes in accounting and tax rules and regulations
- Maintain integrity of accounting information by monitoring balances in the general ledger, and take corrective action when necessary
- Help develop and communicate corporate policies with respect to accounting controls and procedures
Necessary Qualifications / Skills
- Strong working knowledge of corporate accounting, in addition to solid exposure to purchasing and accounts payable functions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in accounting with some public accounting experience required
- Solid foundation in accounting software, especially Excel, and some ERP experience, preferably Netsuite
- Exposure to external financial reporting preferred
- CPA exam, or parts passed preferred
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to make a difference to human health
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Understanding of how to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Service-oriented mindset
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiting@pmvpharma.com.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES
PMV Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.