Research Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
Reports to: VP, Preclinical Development and Translational Science
Location: Cranbury, NJ
About PMV Pharmaceuticals
PMV Pharma is a precision oncology company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies targeting the reactivation of p53 mutants. p53 mutations are found in approximately half of all cancers. The field of p53 biology was established by our co-founder Dr. Arnold Levine when he discovered the p53 protein in 1979. Bringing together leaders in the field to utilize over four decades of p53 biology, PMV Pharma combines unique biological understanding with pharmaceutical development focus. PMV Pharma is headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey. For more information, please visit www.pmvpharma.com.
- Lead an immuno-oncology group at PMV to capitalize on observations of immune cell activation following reactivation of mutant p53
- Design and execution of mechanism of action studies including optimization of inhouse assays
- Validation of future p53-related immune cell interacting targets to support drug development program initiation
- Supervision of research associates
- Participation in project teams to establish and influence immune-oncology project strategy and planning and to provide scientific insight.
- PhD with at least 2+ years of industry experience in the fields of cancer immunology
- In-depth knowledge of immune cell biology and significant experience with in vitro and in vivo immuno-phenotyping.
- Working knowledge of in vivo models utilized in immuno-oncology
- Experience with tumor associated immune cell-based functional assays (activation, differentiation, proliferation, suppression, target cell killing), cytokine analysis, primary cell isolation, molecular biology (ELISA, qRT-PCR, Western analysis) and tissue culture techniques
- Expertise in designing multi-color flow cytometry and interpretation
- Strong track record in target identification/validation using small-molecule inhibitors and/or genetic manipulation (shRNA, CRISPR)
- A thorough knowledge of the molecular pathways involved in the activation of the tumor immune response, knowledge of the p53 pathway a plus
- Ability to work in alignment with PMV and manager to independently drive research projects to design, plan, execute and interpret experiments
- Proven track record of successful scientific accomplishments, presentations and/or peer reviewed publications
- Previous industry experience is preferred.
- Outstanding scientific capabilities to design, execute and interpret key experiments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to present results in multiple forums
- Experience in a supervisory role is preferred
- Ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced work environment
- Independent and motivated team player able to work closely with others to solve complex problems
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiting@pmvpharma.com.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES
PMV Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.