VP Early Discovery and Preclinical Research
Reports to: CEO
Location: Princeton, NJ
PMV Pharma is developing first-in-class p53 regulators for the treatment of cancer. Bringing together leaders in the field to utilize over three decades of p53 biology, PMV Pharma combines unique biological understanding with a pharmaceutical development focus.
PMV Pharma is seeking a highly motivated senior-level research scientist to support drug discovery efforts targeting p53. The position would entail the development of cell-based and biochemical assays and their execution. The candidate would also be charged with performing target validation related to the p53 pathway. This position requires a scientific curiosity and creativity to drive drug discovery and the ability to perform in a fast-paced research environment with minimal supervision.
- Managing a large team of scientists through early drug development process
- Ensuring the early development portfolio is aligned with the disease area strategies and prioritizing appropriate activities
- Developing strategic plans and managing academic, industrial and CRO collaborations
- Driving programs through Pre-Clinical Proof of Concept and IND
- Establishing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Establishing and maintaining a culture of rigorous data-driven decision making
- Guiding the planning and decision-making across multiple functions to develop early-stage therapies for cancer patients.
- Assessing external early phase opportunities to advance Company’s portfolio
- Expanding our oncology early development pipeline through collaborations with external partnerships
- Identifying, vetting, and managing external partnerships including vendors, academic and industry collaborators
- Ph.D. in Biology, Immunology, or related field; expertise in Biology
- Experience with early pipeline, target identification & early drug discovery experience is critical
- Fifteen years of industry experience in discovery/preclinical-stage drug development
- Oncology and small molecule experience
- Knowledge of the p53 Pathway is preferred
- Pharmacology, Immuno-oncology, Toxicology, and Translational experience is a plus
- Strong track record of developing and advancing drug candidates to the clinic
- Knowledge of clinical trials, regulatory and compliance
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Leadership skills to motivate and manage large teams
PMV provides a competitive medical benefits package, a generous PTO policy, competitive salaries, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Referral Program, and much more.
How to Apply:
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES
PMV Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.