Research Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
The successful candidate will possess hands-on in vivo pharmacology experience including cell culture handling, dosing laboratory mice/rats, and collection of a variety of tissues (e.g. blood, tumor etc) after euthanasia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In vitro cell culture of human and mouse cancer cell lines
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations.
- Ability to restrain, handle and manipulate mice and rats as assigned including dosing rodents by PO/IV/IP/SC routes.
- Independently execute in vivo pharmacology studies to demonstrate efficacy and characterize mechanism of action (PD/PK) of lead molecules in various rodent models of cancer.
- Interprets and communicates experimental findings as part of multi-disciplinary team(s).
- Abides by all safety and regulatory guidelines.
- Keeps accurate records, writes study reports and enters data into an electronic laboratory notebook in a timely manner.
- Assists with routine husbandry tasks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Ph.D. with minimum 1+ years, M.S. with minimum 5+ years, or B.S. with minimum 8+ years bio-pharmaceutical industry experience executing in vivo pharmacology studies with immunocompetent and immunocompromised animals in oncology.
- Experience using multiple types of in vivo oncology models (immunocompetent and immunocompromised mouse models, etc.)
- Experience with genetically engineered mouse models (i.e. colony maintenance, breeding, weaning, PCR genotyping).
- Superior technical expertise with standard in vivo techniques, including dosing and sampling routes (e.g., po, ip, sc, iv dosing; submandibular, retro-orbital, cardiac bleeds; necropsy and organ/tumor harvest) and tumor measurements is required.
- Expertise with the aseptic culture of mammalian cells (cell lines and primary cells), including propagating cultures and freezing cells.
- Competency with mouse surgical techniques (orthotopic implants, etc.) will also be highly valued.
- Experience with ex vivo techniques and analysis (tissue extraction, single cell dissociation) will be highly valued.
- Experience with IACUC and AAALAC policies.
- Proficiency in working with data/statistical analysis software packages such as GraphPad/Prism
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and exhibit interpersonal skills that are conducive to effective communication and that contribute to a congenial work environment. Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with clients, customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Normally 40 hours per week. Will be required to work some weekends, holidays and non-traditional business hours to complete duties.
- PMV provides 100% employee covered medical benefits, a generous PTO policy, competitive salaries, equity options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Referral Plan, and much more.
How to Apply
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES
PMV Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.