Research Scientist, Discovery Biology
PMV Pharma is developing first-in-class p53 regulators for the treatment of cancer. Bringing together leaders in the field to utilize over three decades of p53 biology, PMV Pharma combines unique biological understanding with pharmaceutical development focus.
PMV Pharma is seeking a highly motivated research scientist to assist with drug discovery efforts against p53. The position would entail the development of cell-based and biochemical assays and their execution. The candidate would also be charged with performing target validation related to the p53 pathway. This position requires a scientific curiosity and creativity to drive drug discovery and the ability to perform in a fast-paced research environment with minimal supervision.
- Develop and perform in vitro and cell-based assays to support compound characterization
- Design and perform Target Validation studies for potential new drug targets
- Perform cell and molecular based routine weekly compound screening
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a requirement to frequently present data to manager, discovery group and broader company
- Detailed record keeping
- BS with a minimum of 4 years, or MS with a minimum of 2 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry required
- Hands on experience in cell-based assays and assay development required – e.g. cytotoxicity and cell death assays, downstream measurements of cell function via immunoassay, qPCR, Western Blot analysis
- Advance experience in developing, optimizing, and troubleshooting of Immunoassays
- Expertise in development of engineered mammalian cell lines by using CRISPR, shRNA, lentiviral deliveries
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office, GraphPad software for data analysis
- Attention to details and organization skills in record keeping is required
- Experience in cancer genome data mining using databases such as DepMap and CBIO is desirable
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with people
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiting@pmvpharma.com.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES
PMV Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.