Research Scientist, Discovery Biology
PMV Pharma is developing first-in-class p53 regulators for the treatment of cancer. Bringing together leaders in the field to utilize over three decades of p53 biology, PMV Pharma combines unique biological understanding with pharmaceutical development focus.
PMV Pharma is seeking a highly motivated research scientist to assist with drug discovery efforts against p53. The position would entail the development of cell-based and biochemical assays and their execution. The candidate would also be charged with performing target validation related to the p53 pathway. This position requires a scientific curiosity and creativity to drive drug discovery and the ability to perform in a fast-paced research environment with minimal supervision.
- Develop and perform in vitro and cell-based assays to support compound characterization
- Support High-throughput screening efforts through assay development and implementation
- Design and perform Target Validation studies for potential new drug targets
- Perform cell and molecular based compound screening as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a requirement to frequently present data to managers, Discovery Group and Company
- Detailed record keeping for all aspects of position
- BS+10 years or MS+5 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry required
- Expertise in utilizing purified proteins in Biochemical and/or Biophysical assays required – e.g. Thermal Shift, FRET based -DNA binding, Microscale Thermophoresis (MST), Mesoscale Discovery (MSD)
- Experience in cell-based assays and assay development required – e.g. Luciferase assays, cytotoxicity and cell death assays and downstream measurements of cell function via ELISA, qPCR, Western Blot, MSD
- Expertise in the development of engineered mammalian cell lines using CRISPR, shRNA, lentiviral production and cell transduction preferable
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying novel methodologies to facilitate drug discovery
- Experience using Microsoft Office software and scientific software related to data analysis
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiting@pmvpharma.com.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES
PMV Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.