Director, Scientific Publications and Communications
As part of the Clinical Development and Medical Affairs team, the Director of Scientific Publications and Communications is responsible for providing strategic direction, insights, and leadership for the scientific communication strategy and overseeing the execution of all scientific communication deliverables. The position reports to the Head of Clinical Development and Medical Affairs.
- Develop and execute the publication strategy in accordance with the brand strategy and reflect it in the Clinical Development and Medical Affairs Plan (DMAP) and
- Ensure the timely presentation of data at key Congresses and rapid journal publication
- Initiate and lead cross-functional development of the strategic publications planning platform with internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee scientific communications strategic planning and resource development, including scientific platforms, lexicons, and FAQs/backgrounders, while supporting medical content development for scientific exchange
- Direct medical education planning, including content development for live education programs and congress symposia, online education, multichannel Health Care Professionals education, field medical tools, slide decks, and medical booth resources
- Manage medical information, literature surveillance, congress surveillance and related activities
- Manage publication and scientific communication budget and agency/agencies
- Ensure that all vendors comply with internal operational guidelines regarding master services agreements, accounting practices, communications with physicians and documentation of service agreements
- Must possess the ability to interpret diverse scientific data and biostatistics, to generate accurate, focused, relevant, noteworthy scientific publications that support the development and commercialization of PMV compounds
- Must possess the ability and experience to develop the strategic platforms for publications plans, by assessing the product data, therapeutic category, clinical and real-world evidence development plans and commercial brand plan
- Must possess the flexibility to cross multiple scientific disciplines and work simultaneously on multiple publications programs with diverse publications objectives and styles
- Ability to work in highly matrixed organization and manage internal and external partnerships to achieve common goals
- Develop effective working relationships with clinical investigators, thought leaders and journal editorial departments
- Ensure the surveillance of publication activity beyond PMV pharmaceuticals
- Advanced degree of PhD, PharmD or MD-preferred
- Approximately 10 years’ experience in the development and execution of Strategic Publications Plans within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry; preferably in Oncology
- Proven ability to interpret scientific and clinical trial data and derive scientific themes from the findings and effectively communicate them in multiple publication formats to diverse scientific and medical audiences
- Knowledge of the drug development process and its application to the strategic publication and scientific communication planning process
- Strong scientific writing and editing skills and knowledge of journal requirements and Congress guidelines for publications development and submission
- Thorough knowledge of Good Publication Practices
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with experience in developing and delivering power point presentations
PMV provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruiting@pmvpharma.com.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS or AGENCIES
PMV Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.